Homemade spring rolls
How to cook Homemade spring rolls:
- 8 spring roll sheets (21.5 x 21.5 cm)
- 300g cabbage, thinly sliced
- 60g carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 30ml (1 oz) rice wine
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Oil (for frying)
- 1 egg white (to seal the rolls)
- Spicy Thai sauce (for serving)
- Thinly slice vegetables.
- In a pan heat the oil, add onion, and fry for 1 minute.
- Add carrots, and cabbage, and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour in rice wine. Fry stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes.
- Arrange one sheet at a time on the working surface with a corner facing you and add a handful of filling on the lower half.
- Fold the bottom corner up and roll to cover the filling, then fold the corners on the sides towards the center.
- Roll up the roll from bottom to top and seal the pastry by moistening the edges with a little egg white. Continue with the remaining rolls.
- Heat oil in a pan until it reaches 180°C/360°F. Lower the heat slightly and fry a few rolls at a time, turning them on both sides, for approximately 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with spicy Thai sauce and enjoy.