Tomato sauce meatloaf
How to cook Tomato sauce meatloaf:
- 700g of minced meat (mix of minced beef + minced pork)
- 50g (8 tbsp) of parmesan cheese
- 30g (4 tbsp) of breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs
- 150ml (10 tbsp) milk
- 60g of cheese
- For tomato sauce:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 800ml (3 1/2 cups) of tomato sauce
- In a bowl add the minced meat, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, nutmeg, salt, eggs, milk, cheese and mix everything.
- Once the dough is made, roll it out on a sheet of baking paper. In the center arrange the cheese cubes. Then close the meatloaf by closing it and shaping it with parchment paper.
- Put the peeled and lightly crushed garlic cloves together with the oil in the pot and fry until both sides of the garlic turn brown. Then add the tomato sauce and cook for a while.
- Put the meatloaf in a non-stick pan, then pour boiling tomato sauce over it little by little.
- Cook over low heat for about 45 minutes by pouring the sauce over it.