How to cook Pastry flowers:
- 300g ricotta
- 30g (3 tbsp) powdered sugar
- 40g (1/4 cup) chocolate chips
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Powdered sugar (for decoration)
- 10g (1 tbsp) flour (to dust the glass)
- In a bowl combine ricotta, icing sugar, and chocolate chips. Mix well and set aside.
- Place puff pastry sheets on a working surface. Use a wine glass, 5 cm in diameter, to cut out flower petals, and 6-7 cm in diameter to cut out 6 flower bases.
- Place flour on a small plate. Holding the glass by its stem, carefully dust the rim of the glass in flour.
- Arrange 6 5cm rounds on the rim of the glass, slightly overlapping each other, and top with a 6cm base.
- Turn the glass upside down on your hand to get the flower out of the glass. Continue with the remaining pastry.
- Arrange pastry flowers on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon ricotta mixture into the heart of each flower and brush the edges of the flowers with an egg.
- Bake in the preheated to 190°C/380°F oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Decorate with powdered sugar on top and enjoy.