How to cook Zebra crepes:
For the batter:
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 15g (1 tbsp) sugar
- 250g (1 1/2 cups) flour
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 250ml (1 cup) sparkling water
- 8g (1 tbsp) cocoa
- 250 ml (1 cup) taken from the main batter
- oil (for frying)
- hazelnut cream (for filling)
- In a bowl whisk the egg, add a little salt and sugar, add milk and water, then gradually add the flour.
- Mix well to obtain a medium-thick mixture.
- Pour a cup of batter with a separate bowl, add cocoa and mix well to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Fill 2 plastic containers with 2 batters.
- Heat a frying pan and brush it with oil (before frying each crepe, brush the pan with oil).
- Pipe small circle of the batter in the center of a hot pan, then pipe some butter of the other colour in the center of the previous circle. Continue to alternate different batters until you obtain a zebra crepe. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the crepe with hazelnut cream and wrap it in a roll.
- Continue with the remaining crepes.
- Serve and enjoy!