A distinctive feature of salads is a freedom of performance. Here you can try to combine a variety of products, add new ingredients, in other words - constantly experiment. We propose you a salad recipe with celery, chicken, apples and walnuts. From the first glance it may seem that the combination of ingredients is not quite ordinary, but believe me, the dish will have an excellent taste. As a dressing it is better to use thick, unsweetened yogurt, its not as fat as mayonnaise, sour cream, and also it has less calories.
1. Rinse chicken fillet under water to remove fat and membrane, put in saucepan, pour with water. The pan must be placed on the burner, boil the chicken in salted water for about 12 minutes after the stage of active boiling. Also cooking time depends on the size of the piece of meat, so its better to keep track of this process. But, more importantly, not to let fillet seethe, the state of the future cuts depends on it. Then remove the fillet from the broth and cool down completely.
2. Meanwhile you can start preparing the rest of the salad. Sort out nuts, eliminating the possible husk and hard membranes, then split the kernels with a knife into pieces of medium size. Do not grind the nuts too finely, they should be felt in the final dish, it will be so delicious.
3. Rinse stalks of celery, cut into half rings.
4. Cut the cooled meat into broad stripes.
5. Prepare a deep bowl, throw all the sliced products in, mix gently so that the fillets do not be broken up.
6. Release apples from skin and cores, cut into strips, throw into a bowl. During the cutting the apples darken because of the contact with oxygen, so to avoid this, the apples should be sprinkled with lemon juice a little.
7. Add the pre-washed and chopped greens.
8. The final touch in the preparation of salad is a dressing with yogurt, after which the mixture must be mixed so that a yoghurt mass envelope all the elements of the salad.
9. Put the salad put into a smaller bowl, decorate with greens, present to guests.
Salads do not have to be boring! These recipes use grains, herbs and an array of fruit and veg to create colourful salads, perfect for packed lunches....
There is a great number of options for cooking chicken breast. But not each housewive can cook really juicy, tender and delicious chicken. ...
These six cakes will have you drooling at your desk. ...