Homemade chocolate turtles
How to cook Homemade chocolate turtles:
- 250g (2 cups) of pecans
- 90g (6 tbsp) of butter
- 110g (1/2 cup) of light-brown sugar
- 100g (1/2 cup) of sugar
- 150g (1/2 cup) of condensed milk
- 165g (1/2 cup) of light corn syrup
- Vanilla essence
- 300g of dark chocolate
1. Spread pecans out onto a baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake for 5-10 minutes. Once cooled, roughly chop the pecans and set aside.
2. Place butter in a large microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave until melted (about 2 minutes).
3. In a bowl with butter add brown sugar, granulated sugar, condensed milk, and corn syrup and stir well to combine. Return bowl to microwave and cook mixture on high power for 5 to 6 minutes.
4. After time has elapsed remove the bowl from the microwave and stir vanilla into the hot caramel. Stir in chopped pecans.
5. Add spoonfuls of the mixture onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet to create individual mounds of caramel candy. (for about 20 candies). Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
6. Pour the chocolate into the microwave-safe bowl and transfer for 2 minutes into the microwave.
7. Drop a cluster into the melted chocolate and with the help of two forks coat it all over. Lift the cluster up with a fork, and tap it several times to allow excess chocolate to fall through the tines of the fork, into the bowl.
8. Place dipped clusters on the baking tray covered with parchment paper to set up. Allow to set up in the fridge (for about 30 minutes).
9. After 30 minutes when the chocolate turtles are firm remove them from the fridge and serve.