Find The Recipe:
Tournedos Rossini Classic French Steak
Tournedos Rossini is a classic gourmet French dish with tender filet mignon served on a crispy crouton and topped with foie gras and a rich wine sauce.
- 4 beef tournedos or filet mignon steaks (6-8 ounces each)
- 4 slices of foie gras (goose or duck liver)
- 4 slices of brioche or French bread
- 2 tablespoons of black truffle slices (canned or fresh, if available)
- 1/2 cup of beef stock
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the tournedos generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sear the tournedos for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they reach your desired level of doneness. For medium-rare, you're looking for an internal temperature of around 130-135°F (54-57°C).
- Remove the tournedos from the skillet and set them aside to rest. Cover them loosely with aluminum foil.
- In the same skillet, add the white wine and deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Allow the wine to reduce by half.
- Add the beef stock and truffle slices to the skillet. Let the sauce simmer until it thickens slightly, which will take about 5-7 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of butter to make it even richer.
- In a separate skillet, quickly sear the foie gras slices for about 1 minute on each side until they are golden brown. Do this just before serving as foie gras cooks very quickly.
- Toast the brioche or French bread slices.
- To assemble, place a slice of brioche on each plate. Top it with a tournedos, a slice of foie gras, and a generous spoonful of truffle sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
*Recipe on video and text may differ from each other!
How to cook Tournedos Rossini Classic French Steak:
- Classic American Christmas Ham with Pineapple Glaze 17:41, Dec 06, 2023
- Experience the Richness of Mutton Biryani: A Classic Indian Rice Dish 12:38, May 18, 2023
- Unlocking Culinary Creativity: How OpenGPT Chat Enhances Recipe Search and Inspiration 16:42, May 23, 2023
- Dal Tadka Recipe: A Burst of Flavors in Every Spoonful 12:58, May 22, 2023
- How to Make the Best Coronation Chicken: A Step-by-Step Guide 09:10, May 16, 2023
- Artichoke Magic: Quick and Easy Instant Pot Recipe for a Gourmet Dish 11:30, May 24, 2023
- Homemade Choco Tacos 10:06, Apr 05, 2023
- Crockpot Green Bean Casserole Recipe 12:06, Apr 25, 2023